Saturday, February 28

Strangeness

Today has been an ok day, gnat's been gone to a science thing all day, and my mom's been with her, it's a saturday, so no school, i got all of my chores done, and then some, and ive had some time on the computer today, and my email finally works.

And then some weird stuff has happened today.

First off: I come up from my shower (we all have to use the basement bathroom to shower, it's annoying, but we've gotten used to it) to see a package outside our front door. Ok, this is not unusual, but I love getting stuff in the mail, so I wanted to naturally see what it was. It was for my mom from amazon.com. Ok, so I can't open it. As I walk to the kitchen to put it on her place, I notice the dogs are all at the front door with me, before I even got there. They don't often do this. Usually they are in the kitchen laying on their beds. So I walk into the kitchen, Kryssi following, I notice on the floor is TONS of white fluff. The first thing that pops into my mind is: the dog's tore somthing up. note: they've been known for tearing small toys and towels, but nothing this big! As I look around for the object that had to be lying in shreds in order for that much fluff to be on the floor, I notice that this fluff is also on the counter, and nothing is shredded at all. There's just a bunch of fluff sitting where the dogs should be.
Looking around for the object the must've gave way to produce so much fluff, I spot the ceiling. It has a 2 1/2 X 2 ft hole in it. Great.
First thought: is this on purpose? You see, my dad was working in the attic today, and he was cutting holes in walls last I heard. Now, because this was the ceiling, I had my doubts. I closely observed the hole and noticed that the edges did not look cut but torn. My next thought: he must have fallen, is he ok?! There was hardly any noise coming through the hole, so I started to get panicked. But that was silly. If there was noise coming through the hole, that's when I should get panicky, right? Well, you never know with my dad so I called through the hole "are you ok?!". No answer. Great.
I move around the fluff pile to get a different view of the inside. I see him and he's working. Good. He doesn't seem to be hurt, just working. Why didn't he answer me? Well, he must've not heard me.
Nope, he was mad. He had been working hard and was standing on the beams like he was supposed to, but his leg started to shake, and he stepped back just enough to get his balance....and lose it all in one movement. I found this all out once he came downstairs.
Now the fluff is cleaned up, the hole is patched somewhat, and I'm really afraid of my mom's reaction once she gets home.
It's not that she overreacts, but she gets stressed easily now-a-days. She's supposed to get here in 15 minutes, and I'm wondering if today will continue to be ok, or if it will get into the "bad" zones.

Oh, I suppose I said there were more than one strange things that happened today, but that's about it. Besides the hole in the wall nothing of much consequence happened, except that my Aunt Paula called and we had a nice conversation. We don't get calls from anyone outside of GA very often, and as no one in our family lives in Ga, we don't get calls from our aunt, uncles, grandmas or gramps very often. So this was a nice surprise for me, and the fact that I was able to actually tell her something that was going on in my life, instead of saying "everything's good, nope nothings happening here", it made my day a little brighter.


So all in all, I suppose this title should have been "one thing strange", but strangeness seems more eye-catching dontcha think?

My Random Google for the Day:

helpful: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com
www.answers.com/topic/helpful

Gardening Tips - The Helpful Gardener
www.helpfulgardener.com/

helpful - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/helpful

Dictionary Information: Definition Helpful - Description Meaning ...
www.selfknowledge.com/43732.htm

Patient Assistance Programs for Prescription Drug Medicines ...
www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/

Medicare.gov - Helpful Contacts: Search Criteria
www.medicare.gov/Contacts/home.asp

Helpful.com, Computer Consulting, Dental Solutions, Law Solutions ...
www.helpful.com/

A Helpful Guide to Search Engines, Top Page
www.monash.com/spidap.html

Helpfulvideo::Watch video,Share video,Upload video,Sell video,Buy ...
helpfulvideo.com/


Have fun with being helpful for the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: