Wednesday, February 11

A Super-Short Ramble

I am only writing this ramble because I wish to explain the picture to your right, and because it's a new day and I've gotten into the habit of writing once each day.

So the hatpin: I am assuming you all know what a hatpin was used for... I don't believe they are used anymore today. The dictionary definition of a hatpin is:

hat⋅pin

–noun
a long pin for securing a woman's hat to her hair, often having a bulbous decorative head of colored glass, simulated pearl, or the like.

Origin:
1890–95;
I, being a smartalec, made a tiny hat out of a really small piece of paper (I learned how to do this in 3rd grade) and found a pin to put it on. It is now literally a hatpin.

I love making something so literal it becomes ridiculous. :)

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha that is amazingly ridiculaously funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would....your the only person i know that would do that. but thats ok. because your the only person that could do that and i would think its funny and completely normal because its you. haha :) love ya girlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks guys lol

    ReplyDelete

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: