Thursday, February 12

Quotes:

Alright so I found a site that has my favorite quotes all on one page, and I'm going to give you a sample of them:
  • "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
  • "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
  • "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
  • "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
  • "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
That last one I hope is true, because I've made it a habit to prefer to be asleep, and I really wish I would prefer to stay awake some day. :)

  • "Women are like teabags; you never know how strong they are until they're put in hot water."
  • "A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
  • "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
  • "If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
  • "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
  • "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...," He murmured.

    "What a stupid lamb, " I sighed.

    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
Alright that one right there, of course, is from Twilight. I find it kind of funny that this quote would be in the midst of a bunch of quotes that were made years and years ago...and that this quote is my favorite one from the entire series...it's kind of creepy that I would find it on the best page of quotes ever!!

  • "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
  • "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
  • "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
  • "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
  • "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
  • "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
  • "Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
  • "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."

Ok so this became more than a sample...as I had too many wonderful quotes to show you to hold myself back...

I got these quotes from: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes
There are pages and pages of these quotes, and I only looked at the first one!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these. And 2 of them are from Dr. Suess. can you guess which ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know which ones...I'm amazed though that you could pick them out!

    ReplyDelete

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: