Friday, March 27

Passages into Time

Writing has always been an outlet for me, usually to ease any clutter that has built up in my mind - preventing me from thinking clearly.

But I once wrote stories. I once had ideas and scenes in my mind that I would transfer to paper. I used to write.

I have kept the majority of these writings, though most of them I never completed, only started.

I miss that part of me. The ability to create fiction from my imagination, to engage someone else's mind by them reading what I've poured onto paper.

Ideas, thoughts, conversation, imagination.

I stopped writing because my sisters surpassed me in this pursuit, able to write longer and more engaging then I ever was. Or so I thought at that time.

Now I realize that if I kept going I could make my own type of stories, ones unique to me, and maybe, just maybe I could've gone into something that involved writing. Now, because I chose to abandon that hobby, I haven't written fiction in a good 4 or 5 year time.

Don't give up on what you enjoy, just because someone seems better at it than you. Granted, Deanna is brilliant when it comes to fantasy fiction. But letting go of writing was the worst mistake I made.

Now I write to instruct, or to just let it all out. I don't know if I'll ever get back into the groove of fictional writing.

Don't let it go, whatever that thing might be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I think that it is great that you will restart persuing this... I also can relate, I have many a time quit or given up because someone was better at it, and it kinda hurts for me when I am not the best... makes me feel almost not worthy, but God always sends little reminders to perk me up... :) I will pray for you, and what God wills, will be best...

    ReplyDelete

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: