Monday, October 29

Education versus a Job

I have little actual job experience, or so I feel.

I have the ability to quickly learn tools and follow instructions quite well, which enables me to complete school-related tasks quite quickly but also make me bored at the same time.

I gotta wonder if that also translates into having a legit job. Does it matter than I can learn quickly and do what is necessary to get something moving and/or done? Or am I missing something and people are looking for more than I can offer?

I have been familiarizing myself more with job searches, as I graduate in a year, and should know what I have to contribute, but all I am getting is depressed.

I DON'T have minimum 5 years experience in something, anything really. I feel like school is just faking me out and all of these classes amount to not because they're just chopped-up versions of the real world and I don't have what the real world really wants.

I know that if I found a company who thought that I was what they wanted, and I could survive off of what they offered me, I would have no trouble doing my best.

I'm just terrified that I don't have anything to offer.


I was so much more confident about what I have to offer after my internship was over. I know now that I can balance multiple tasks at once, take charge of activities while people are floundering, stay focused, be creative as well as take on monotonous jobs and still do my best.

But I fear that isn't enough for the real world.

I don't have experience. I don't have money to practice on autoCAD, solidworks, etc. in order to take up projects and make experience.

I just need a job so I can move out of my parent's house.

I have a degree in something no one knows about and from what I heard it isn't enough to simply have a bachelors in it. And even though my source was working with military equipment, and I have no desire to get in it, it still haunts me that she had to go to grad school to be wanted.

But I don't have enough drive or concentration to get a grad degree.

I'm going in circles, and I don't know where I stand in this world.

I am a hardworking, quick-learning, move things forward, easy to instruct kind of girl who just wants to contribute and move her life forward.

Why is that such a hard thing to ask of this world?

LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: