Friday, March 12

The Essence & Confusion

I feel the essences of people.

It's always been a hard thing to explain to others when I've referred to the way I look at the world, but it's how it goes.

I feel the essences of people.

It's not black and white to me....and neither is it shades of grey.

It's colors. Infinite colors.

The best way I can explain this phenomenon is referring to The Shack. To those of you who have read it, I hope you remember the part about Mack seeing the colors streaming from the people on the hillside. And I hope you remember the part about Jesus explaining how interactions between different people make different color combinations.That part in the book make me so excited, and made me hope that the book was areal happening....and why it took me a few weeks to stop feeling so low after I found out it was a complete work of fiction.

Because that is how I view people.

Now I don't literally SEE colors when others are around me.....but I see with a different part of me the essence of the person I am around. One of the reasons why liars infuriate me so much is that they're not letting "their true colors shine." Ever wonder what that phrase really meant? I always did. I wondered if that was just a metaphor, or if how I see the world isn't so strange after all.

I have no idea why I suddenly had to write about this. But I know I've never been able to adequately explain how this thing works for me. I begin to know somebody without knowing them for long periods of time. It's because they've already shown me their essence.

I don't know how it works, but I DO know that the more you surround yourselves with things of this world, the more you look like the world....and you become a face more than an essence. Individuality becomes something you hide....and your colors go with  it.

So to those who happen to read this random piece: don't become the colors of the world...and don't pretend to be colors that you aren't......Because your colors are worth showing. They're always beautiful when they're pure.

And thank you for those of you who show me who YOU are. I love you for that. Your colors are such a joy to see.

I love you.

Lizzimae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: