Saturday, October 31

Halloween

So it feels appropriate to blog about today's holiday (I don't think it should be considered a HOLIDAY, unless it's helping me get off of school for the day.... :]) and how I remember it.


You see, I haven't truly participated in the holiday for many a year.

Last year, I was stuck in someone else's house housesitting/dogsitting for them. Which wasn't a problem, I just didnt get to see lots of people that I knew dressed up in my neighborhood, including the girl I still babysit.

Years and years ago, I went out to trick-or-treat while with a cold, and though that was the BEST holloween I've ever had (well maybe except for another one in OR) I ended up getting Bronchitis......bleh.

And the BEST Halloween was in OR at my church. They had a cardboard box maze...and we had to crawl through the entire HUGE structure through the church. It was the BEST :) That was years ago now.

Tonight however, I get to see Macie as Tinkerbell, and might hand out some candy if someone wants me too. I'm not a fan of that, b/c I know that as a kid, you want the most & best when you trick-or-treat. On the other hand, as the passer-outer, you're trying to make sure your limited candy will stay in stock for a pretty good amount of time. So too much or too little is possible. I don't like the "one-candy per house" rule, b/c when I trick-or-treated that's how I determined if I liked these people I didn't know haha

So yeah. I have a limited-idea of Halloween, and not necessarily entirely positive. I've never truly enjoyed the whole dressing up thing, and Natalie LOVES it. She's father time with her time flies this year (lol). She's such an actress...and all I could think of was how much this costume cost in time and money, how much time I was requiring my mom to take out on me, and how often I'd actually use this costume. Which is why for 3 or 4 years straight I was a black cat, and I used the same outfit every year.

I'm so weird......


Happy Halloweeen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: