Friday, October 31

Halloween

Today is Halloween, and children are getting all excited for the night to come.

I am at the home I'm taking care of, in my pajamas, finishing up schoolwork, and preparing to pretend I'm not home once dark hits.

Whoopee.

Y'know, once you hit a certain age and you get too old to just go out and get candy, it's not that you believe you're too old, its just that it doesn't seem as much fun anymore.

Maybe it's because very few of your friends indulge in that view point. Who knows.

But I see lots of my friends will have parties and things they're going to do tonight. I'm glad they can still enjoy Halloween despite their age.

Me, having the responsibilities that I do, am going to be sitting in the house I'm taking care of with the lights off hoping no one will come and ring the doorbell.

This year, Halloween's going on my "strongly dislike" list.

Maybe that'll change in years to come. I hope so. I don't like that list to get any bigger. Valentines Day is already on there, and has been for years. I can't wait for it to come off.

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, requests, and advice, I take them all: